Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Reason Small Children are Adorable

There may be some debate about this, but I am certain that small children are exponentially cuter than large children and/or adults because they are so bad. Level of cuteness must be greater than badness to enable a child to survive their younger years. It is their only defense.

Examples of Denton's lifesaving maneuvers:

I am in the bathroom and hear a huge crash, my first reaction is that I am going to have to hang a kid by his toenails, then I hear the tiniest voice say "Awwww man" (Swiper the fox style) and instead of freaking out, I am laughing.

Denton is "sharing" my bowl of lasagna (on the couch no less) and dropping it all over the place. He tilts his head to the side and makes this very cute face and says "Mmm it good"

For the 100th time Denton is throwing himself off the bed in a game called "I fall". As he crashes to the ground he takes half the covers, a pillow, and various items on the nightstand down with him. He turns over with a big smile on his face and exclaims "I'm OKAY!"

7:00 AM after he was up until 11 last night and I was up in the middle of the night with a headache. D is ripping my covers off saying "I wanna play". He slides off the bed, hands me my glasses and water and walks to the bedroom door "Come on Mama!"

He better be glad he is cute. He better be glad his big, blue eyes melt my heart. He better be glad his smile lights up the room! He better be glad his cute little phrases calm me down! If he didn't have all that going for him, he would be a current Ebay Auction Item. I am certain you can sell babies on there, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment