Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Birthdays, sports, and other stuff

In an effort to make me feel like I am aging far too quickly, my children continue to have birthdays. This week we had Reghanne's 10th birthday. I have been a parent for a DECADE!!!! It seems like not that long ago, I couldn't even fathom a decade, now I have been responsible for another person for one. Craziness! We celebrated in Hawaii with a trip to a nice (well in theory, it was probably nice in 1950 when it was built) restaurant and the Smith Luau (best on the island). Since we are suckers, we also threw her a little family party at Cici's on Sunday and then took her to breakfast and lunch yesterday, because she wanted too and the general rule is, if it is your birthday you get whatever you want (within reason). Cici's was fun despite the fact that she ended up dumping an entire bowl of spaghetti on top of Denton (no exaggeration, he was covered, somehow his head is the only thing that escaped mostly unscathed) She got a pretty new outfit from us for her birthday so she could go to dinner at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant with her Dad last night. She has wanted to go there since she could ask for ridiculous things and he decided hittin' double digits was a big enough occasion! She had the best time and came back apologizing because apparently Wolfgang Puck cooks better than me, go figure. The monster ordered a $63, 14 oz steak! (Really glad her Dad took her on this little adventure!!) and a $15 sliver of cake. She loved every minute of it though and I am sure it all made it worth while, until they got outside and realized her Dad had a flat tire and he had to change it in his dress clothes in the dark.... ho hum!

Denton's birthday is quickly approaching. Somehow he has managed to turn two in the blink of an eye. He is saying all kinds of things these days but the sentences come out all jerky like a robot. He also thinks that if he grabs my hand and says "come on" I am obligated to go where ever he wants me to go. Which is usually to the kitchen or to bed (he has a very limited number of interests these days). No clue what the party situation will be for him yet, but after our last few restaurant trips where he has run around like a wild animal, it needs to be somewhere he can do more of that....

Fall is here (well almost, I will be happy when the weather catches on to that fact) and that means lots of boring sports that I hate. The other night my television looked like a slot machine of dull... Nascar, football, baseball (which I like), nascar, football, baseball, nascar, football, baseball... I ended up the winner because it landed on baseball for good... really glad I have convinced myself to like at least one of these sports. I loathe nascar and football equally. Both are mind numbing to me and I do not get the appeal of either.

I thought I had other stuff but really, I have my son and my niece hanging with me while Kara and Reghanne do a complete re-organization of her room and they are being a little monstery right now.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment