Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Don't TEXT and DRIVE!!!!

There has been a lot of necessary hype these days about texting and driving. I am not completely innocent of EVER doing this, I will admit it. I have stopped doing it since my grandfather made me look into his eyes and promise him I wouldn't though.

I think we need to go a little farther though. I would like to propose we extend this rule to shopping carts. For the love of all that is holy on this Earth people, do not text while driving a shopping cart!!!! You swerve up and down the aisles like a drunkard and your sudden stops in the middle of an aisle are a hazard. Most importantly however, you have the tendency to RAM your cart into my cart and this I do not appreciate.

Today while shopping at HEB I had such a run in. I was coming out of an aisle and this lady slammed into my cart at full speed, completely oblivious to the fact that I was half way out of the aisle because she was so consumed by her iPhone (IPHONES!!!!! ARGH!!! One of my largest pet peeves, I could totally rabbit hole on my disdain for iPhones right now but I digress). The irony of the fact that my cart was in the shape of a car was not lost on me, but the fact that the collision slammed the cart into my big round belly and nearly threw my 2 year old out, kept me from finding the humor at that moment.

I righted my child in his seat and the lady was like "OMG OMG OMG I am so sorry, I was texting!!!" I am sure another person would have said something like "It's ok" but I said nothing. I just steered by cart around her as she apologized and walked on. My mother told me if I had nothing nice to say, not to say anything at all. I was making every effort not to call a 50 year old woman an idiot, so I gritted my teeth and moved on. I think it would be best for the world if I stay home until I give birth to this baby. I am not sure if not being pregnant would have helped the situation but I'm going to say it would have. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

So, save the children, don't text and drive... shopping carts.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment