Thursday, September 15, 2011

I wish he could be 2 forever!

Okay, maybe not FOREVER, but why does this stage of childhood pass by so quickly?? Of course he is a naughty little beast 80% of the time but he is just cute enough to get away with it! It has been so long since I had a little one and I am loving this stage (most of the time). I know people call it the terrible two's, I agree. He is terrible sometimes, but mostly that is just because he is an emotional basket case. The best course of action is to anticipate the meltdown (which is pretty easy, a 2 year old can be somewhat predictable in that almost anything can make him freak out) or just wait out the storm. He can usually forget whatever he was so mad about in less than 30 seconds, but with in a minute at the most (this is either an every 2 year old thing or a trait he inherited directly from his father who has the same ability).

Whoever thought that a person who only speaks in two word sentences could be such an engaging conversationalist? We hang on his every word because he says the funniest things at the most random time. His sentences sound like they are coming from a robot and I just love it "Where... mommy......... go?" Priceless! Today he was pulling his Cookie Monster wagon around the house giving his cup a ride. He would place the cup on the wagon and say "Okay cup, he go" and then he'd start of and say "Come on cookie" in his sweet robot voice.

I look at him and can hardly imagine the day when he will be a gross hairy man. When his pudgy hands and butt will be covered in man hair and his giggles will become guffaws. Someday his hurts won't be cured by a hug and a kiss and all of that makes me a little sad. I don't know how many more kids I can convince my husband to have in an effort to always have one of these little comedians around! This morning he did one of those little sleep smiles they do when they are babies. It has been so long since he has done this, but it reminded me how much I loved that stage too! This gives me a great deal of hope that I will love the next one equally. They grow up so fast is not just a cliche unfortunately!

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. I agree 100% and now you are making me cry because I want another one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Emily! Don't cry, just multiply!

    ReplyDelete