Monday, August 15, 2011

Waking up in Texas...

Good morning party people. I am waking up in Texas for the first time in two weeks. Well, I guess not technically. I did sleep until noon yesterday and I woke up twice to use the bathroom in the middle of the night but you know, officially waking up.

The last 48 hours were a whirlwind!! In some portion of that time I was overlooking breathtaking waterfalls and listening to the sweet sounds of Larry Rivera (he is a billion year old guy that played with Elvis in his Hawaiian movie, the name of which escapes me) on a plush green lawn with almost my entire family while my son danced the cutest hula I have ever seen. I am getting a little teary eyed thinking about it to be honest.

I did really love Hawaii, but I wonder, would it have been the same experience under different circumstances? I was unbelievably blessed to be in Hawaii for two weeks with my mother, grandparents, aunt, uncle, cousin, step dad, and step siblings! That doesn't even count the 5 days we spent with my cousins from Oklahoma who I haven't seen in a century. I can not even find the words to express what that meant to me. My son started off the vacation a little skeptical about my uncle but at the airport on the last day he pointed at him and said "TONY!". I grew up really close to my unc but over the years we have drifted apart so that was something that, sitting on my couch right now and thinking about, actually has me crying. (is this pregnancy or what? Surely I haven't grown a heart.)

Anyways, we had the best time. I really though I would just be sad to be home in Texas but I realized this morning that the hardest part about being home is not waking up with my family around me. I have to go now because I have a math exam to take and I don't feel like I will do well if I can't stop boo hooing.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment