Thursday, August 25, 2011

Trying not to die and gaining weight...

What have I been doing this last week you ask? Well, the name of this blog says it all. Mostly I have been trying not to die and gaining weight at a rapid rate! Apparently I am pregnant with some kind of life sucking rhinoceros or something. In addition to putting on more pounds than are probably necessary, I am constantly fighting with a fetus for enough room to house my vital organs and allow them to function properly.

Just to recap, I went to Hawaii for a long (not long enough) time. I came back and had my glucose test. The doc was like "SOOOO, if you don't hear from us before next Wednesday, then you are good." My phone rings the NEXT day... my head is saying "If I don't answer it until next Wednesday does that mean I'm still good?"

So I answer.
Nurse: "Hey this is so and so with Doc so and so's office"

Me: "um yeahhh?"

Nurse: "Your glucose is fine."

Me: first thought YAY! Second thought, um then why are you calling, the only other test they said they were running that comes to mind is HIV (cue heart palpatations.) "yeaaahhh?"

Nurse: "You are anemic"

Me: "I'll take it!"

Nurse: "What?"

So, I'm not diabetic or HIV positive and I just have to take a little pill every night. Done and done.

Two days later I begin to show signs of what can only be described as some sort of death disease. I am dripping snot willy nilly, sneezing, coughing, and feeling like absolute turd. I call the OB, they don't want me to come in, they prefer I take my disease ridden body to a place not filled with healthy pregnant women. I call my PCP (whom I've never needed before because I'm generally healthy) and they tell me that, despite the fact that they are my assigned doc and the ONLY one I am allowed to see, they are no longer accepting new patients. Um.... okkaayyyy. I call the OB back and they bring me at lunch so I don't infect the masses. I have bronchitis, which I figured. I have battled this many times but not for a long time and it is particularly fun whilst pregnant with baby who loves jamming hard knobby appendages into my rib cage limiting my ability to breathe deeply and cough my lungs up.

As for the second half of the title of this post. I weigh more now than I did when I gave birth to Reghanne and only about 5 lbs less than when I gave birth to D AND I gained 1.5 lbs in a week. For those of you keeping count I am up to 155 now.... (Yeah, I told ya'll, I don't care if you know... I know and that is the worse than me telling anyone else I can think of)

Anyways, I am recovering quickly and getting excited about meeting my new little buddy (mostly because if he is out HERE he will no longer be in there causing permanent damage to my body parts).

PS. Reghanne made the Southwest Children's Chorus. She didn't inherit my voice but somehow ended up with a good one. We are very excited and will have a very busy December (they have 6 performances that month alone!)

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment