Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Truth about...

A normal person wouldn't write this blog... A normal person wouldn't post this blog. I guess I am not a normal person. Today has been a horrible day. Really the last week has been pretty horrendous. Some days you feel blessed and some days it is hard to find the light at the end of the tunnel.

I realized at some point this week that we have about $100 a month for groceries. Do you know what you can buy with $100 a month?? It feels like nothing. It feels like crying in the cheese aisle. It feels like crap. I almost cried in the grocery store today because Denton wanted cheese sticks and apples. They are his absolute favorite things. I had $25 to buy food for us for the whole week and apples were $3.00 and cheese was $5.98. I put back sausage and potatoes and went $1 over my budget but he got apples and cheese. He is 1. How can I take away one of the simple joys he has?

I am praying for a miracle, for deliverance from the deluge of negative thoughts I have thought today. A respite from the worry I have been overwhelmed with for the last few days...

God always seems to come to our rescue when it seems like there is nowhere else to turn. I am praying for another miracle in our lives. I have to try to keep my faith in Him and remember this verse:

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]? ~ Matthew 6:25-27

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. I think I've heard you mention it before, but we do angel food. It's not too bad. Keep the faith friend. God ALWAYS come through right when we need it most.

    ReplyDelete