Friday, July 15, 2011

Tales from Mommyland...

Sometimes I wish I was making things up!

On Wednesday I needed to do a little coupon shop at Walgreens and a run to the library for books that were due. I got to Walgreens, of course they were out of the razors I wanted to buy, but the order had just come in. We waited a few minutes while the lady found them in the boxes. Then I browsed a few other things and went to the checkout. Denton was shining a flash light in his eyes the entire time and laughing his tiny, diapered butt off. Reghanne was begging for candy (this was strange because she NEVER does that?). I got to the register with my awesome razor and M&M deal only to find that my wallet was at home, why not?? Denton is freaking because he wants the flashlight but distracts himself by bringing a 2 liter orange soda over to the checkout counter. So we undo it all and head to the car, to find that the door of the van has been standing open the entire 20 minutes we were in the store. AWESOME! Reghanne says to me "It's not like we have anything good in here". I reply "Um, they could steal the CAR" and she said "Um hello they don't have a key!" Argh.

We are just about to pull out and I realize, Denton's paci is in the basket inside the store. So I run back in and the lady says "Maybe you should just take the kids home for a nap and start over".... Wow, helpful. I did get the wallet and come back for my purchases. Yeah almost free razors, I am sure this will come in handy in HAWAII! (sorry)

So today, I am sitting here just doing my thing and Denton is quietly walking around with a little soft baby hair brush "scrubbing" everything (he is obsessed with cleaning things these days) He scrubs Daddy's chair, and his toy ride on train, and the floor, and the coffee table, and both window sills, and then he comes over to scrub my glass side table and I notice that he isn't just "scrubbing", there is definitely something on this brush. So I take it away and he holds up two shiny hands and I say "Denton, what did you do???" and he runs to his room holding his hands up in a baby shrug saying "Do? Do? Do?".... In the room I find an open jar of Vaseline, a now empty jar of Vaseline. And on everything he "scrubbed" a glob of Vaseline. At least that stuff cleans up easy!

That is all.

2 comments: