Friday, July 29, 2011

The Swing Saga (Now with more shoe)

We had an experience today and as we were laughing about it, Clint said "I bet you can blog about that!" and he is right. I can, because it is funny, to me anyway.

So, let's start from the beginning. It all started with a swing. I am a cheap person, um frugal that sounds better. I don't like to pay for NEW stuff, but I am happy to pay less than half for "new to me" stuff. I wanted a swing for little Hudson and while I was browsing the baby resale shop in town I found one. The best part, it didn't need batteries! It could plug in to the wall. Anyone who is a parent knows that you can spend your LIFE SAVINGS on batteries for swings when your little one is small. I was excited. YAY! It was a neat swing, it rocked two ways and had a glider option plus music and all the bells and whistles. I was clicking my Tevaed heels (another story) together over my impressive find. I ran home to see how much I had saved on buying used (one of my favorite activities).

I googled... nothing. HMMM what is this thing called?? I went to the Fisher Price website. Not there. Weird. It looked brand spanky new. I finally found the swing on Amazon and I had saved about $90 buying the swing used but this wasn't the issue. This swing had one star. It might have had -1 if they allowed that on Amazon. The reviews were atrocious! They said things like "My baby weighs 6 lbs and this hardly moves him" and "I used this once and the glider broke" and it went on and on. DOH! Face to palm... plug in swing... reviews. were. right. This thing barely MOVED and, yes, as a matter of fact the glider WAS broken. Called store, "Sorry no refund, all sales final" my response "Well you should sell things that work." (I will no longer buy electronics there either).

On a wing and a prayer I called Fisher Price and long story short, they knew this swing had serious issues and offered me a full refund plus the cost of shipping them back a piece of the swing. HOORAY! They wanted the seat part back which was a bear to take apart and get in a box but I managed.

Fast forward 6 weeks... hope you are still reading because this is where it gets funny. Today we check the mail and there is the check, as promised. YAY! but we also got a box. Husband's standard response, "What did you buy?" my response "I have no clue". The box is from fisher price... strange. So I grab a pair of scissors and pop it open thinking they must have sent me some kind of "We're sorry" present. As we are opening the box we realize, it is a shoe (Hubby - You ordered a shoe from Fisher Price?) then we realized, it was MY shoe! Apparently my sweet little son snuck one of my shoes in to the box after I packed it but before I taped it shut. I can only imagine the look on the face of the person who opened that one up! Luckily they were nice enough to send me the shoe back, it is one of my nice pairs of heels!

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard!!! I had no clue where this was going when you said you opened it up and found a shoe! Funniest. Thing. Ever.!

    ReplyDelete