Monday, July 25, 2011

Signs that I am getting old...

I'm not saying I am old. I may not even be old. I may just be pregnant!

Here is a story that may or may not prove that I am getting old.

The other night I had the pleasure of celebrating my friend Nicole's 29th birthday, which is just crazy, I mean some one as young as me being friends with a 29 year old! So anyways, she had her party at a, um well, youngish person type restaurant on Oak Lawn. Unlike my regular trips to Ryan's Buffet, mine was surprisingly the ONLY minivan in the parking lot! I was immediately feeling like I "belonged" here. So, I waddled up to the door and inside there were a lot of very pretty people, I honestly don't think there was a single person in the place over 30 years old.

So the party started at 8, which is two hours after my regular dinner time and 1 hour before my bed time. We sit down, at a table, the lighting is so dim I can barely see the person next to me and the music is so loud I can't hear them either. I mean really... why do you play techno music at volume 4 million in a restaurant. Are we eating or dancing on tables? Isn't dinner for conversation?

So after an hour we finally start ordering and about an hour later here is my food! Hooray... it is now 10 o'clock. The fetus inside of me has begun snacking on my kidneys at this point. My water glass has been empty for 20 minutes. I am not nearly as excited about sushi as I was when I got here. I did manage to eat it. I did manage to not go deaf. I did find that the bathroom was more my style. It was quiet and they were playing the kind of music that you generally hear while getting a massage. It was nice to get to relax on my many trips to the restroom.

I got home around midnight. I had heartburn until 5 the next day.

I did love seeing Nicole and celebrating with her, don't get me wrong, but I fear that the hip sushi scene may not be my style anymore.

That is all.

1 comment: