Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New You?

I am not really a New Year's Resolution kind of person. I think of New Year's like a birthday, it is really just another day. It is special in a way that it marks time, but nothing MAGIC happens on that day. Because it is now 2012, I will not instantly become a person that can overcome all the things I couldn't yesterday. You don't magically become older on your birthday either. Every single day of life counts and you (we) should all strive to make it do so.


In saying that, I have had some things on my heart for some time and in the spirit of the new year, I will share them.

I have thought of a lot of things I'd like to change about me lately. My life is great, but I am not really allowing it to live up to its full potential. I have a list of things that I think I need to work on but it all really boils down to one thing. I want to live a more purposeful life. To be more engaged in the every day. To be gentle with my children, understanding with my spouse, responsible with my finances. To create lasting relationships. To get on the floor and play, run in the yard, and roll in the grass. To make memories with and for my children everyday. To spend less time on my (gasp) computer and in front of my (double gasp) television.

Lately I feel like I have been sitting back watching life happen to me and others. Well, it is time to get my hands dirty and dig in because if the Mayans were right, I want to get my money's worth.

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. I am so so with you on this. I have been feeling somewhat the same lately too. Great post!

    ReplyDelete