Friday, November 4, 2011

Praying for labor...

You are all really supportive. I am hearing from a lot of you everyday, "Have you had that baby yet?" It is nice to know that everyone is thinking of me and BBQ and my family. I just want to ask you to pray for labor. I know God has a perfect plan and that his timing is always right.

It really isn't so much about actually being pregnant for me anymore. I am fairly used to it and pain free. I walked half a mile yesterday and jumped over a four foot barb wire fence, I can still put my shoes on, I'm not disabled. I can still do basically every physical task (not as well, mind you) that other people will allow me to do.

The issue at this point is that they will only allow me to "go" so long. At my appointment yesterday my doc mentioned that she would be comfortable using "some pitocin" on me. If you don't know my history, I have had a c-section, labor inducing medication can be dangerous. I am beginning to wonder if another c-section is in my future. The recovery from which was VERY difficult for me last time and I can only assume would be even more difficult with a clingy two year old. It also would put the nail in the coffin of me every having a regular birth again, and I am not sure I could face a fourth pregnancy knowing full well I am set for a third c-section.

So please say a prayer for us today. Instead of laying in bed cuddling my new baby, I am going to go to co-op and cuddle other people's babies.

That is all.

1 comment: