Monday, May 23, 2011

What is Weird?

This is a blog. This is only a blog. If it were something more important, you would be receive further instructions.

So, my husband keeps telling me to write a blog. I think it is mostly because he figures if I write things down, I won't talk to him so much. It is a nice theory, and one I hope to prove wrong.

Since I don't really have anything to write about, I sat here typing in every random thought that popped in my head for about 10 minutes trying to come up with a name. I can't think of anything I could write about with passion on a semi-regular basis. I am not crafty or artsy. I don't use coupons, nor do I sew. I can't really come up with any particularly outstanding talent. I do have an uncanny ability to write with authority about subjects I know very little about. This ability has carried me through my college career. So, to make a long story longer, that is probably what I will do here. Write about nothing, brag and/or gripe about my awesome/terrible children and husband, and give you all an uncomfortably intimate view into my private life. That is the other problem I have, my internal filter has been malfunctioning for sometime so I have the tendency to say whatever I think.

What was I even talking about? Oh yeah, the blog. Okay so, the name stems from something I said to my husband the other day. We were talking about some weird people we know (yes it's you) and I said, "Well, I know we are weird too. But we are more weird on a normal level." So ta-da there's the name.

We are a little weird, and I was going to elaborate on that but I feel like this blog post has already been blabby enough, so maybe next time. I certainly hope you don't fall off the edge of your seat waiting for me to post again. If you do, remember to tuck and roll to avoid injury.

That is all.

Heather

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I mostly blog so I can remember all the cute/funny things my child did so I won't kill her when she is older. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think its nice to talk about me like that on your blog, especially since i wasnt even aware of the fact that im weird! RUDE!

    ReplyDelete