Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Kindness of Strangers

Stranger DANGER!!! that is what I teach the kids to say when someone they don't know approaches them. I mean, come on, the world is crazy scary and people have some serious issues. However, I am working on my faith in humanity lately. A few things have happened that are working towards renewing this faith.

The other day I took Denton on an emergency run to Walgreens to buy swim diapers because my niece was over and she is a stealthy pooper and we really don't want to have to drain the pool! But I digress. So we were at Walgreens, Denton was running around pantsless (another story) dragging a dog bed and a Webkinz behind him, babbling nonsense. I was half-heartedly attempting to stop him while talking to my Mom on the phone. Suddenly, he stopped dead in his tracks, dropping his bounty on the ground and screamed, "BALL!!!" while pointing at a huge metal cage full of balls of all different sizes and colors. He ran towards the balls, chose and orange one, and hauled booty to the checkout counter saying "ball ball ball ball" all the way there. A very nice older (old as dirt really) woman stopped me and asked me if she could please buy him the ball because her great grandson lived far away and she missed him terribly. It was so touching, so she bought him the ball and was just overjoyed to have done this for him, and he was pretty overjoyed as well!

Secondly, the turn out for the donations to Joplin. I have an entire bedroom full of diapers, toiletries, clothing, water, and stuffed animals. I raised $200 dollars alone at the Farmer's Market! I am so grateful to all of you who have come out and showed your support for those people in need. And for those of you who suddenly became deaf and dumb when I said "Good morning" to you at the Farmer's Market, well bless your heart! I obviously don't expect every single person to come and drop a dollar in my cereal box, everyone has their reasons and I respect that, but when someone says "Good morning" and offers a smile, you could at least smile back, or flip me off, whichever your heart leads you to do!

I've had a busy week, but for now I will say goodbye.

That is all.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment