Monday, April 21, 2014

Babies, Bodily Fluids, and Easter... in a nutsell



Scarlett and her Great grandma... LOVE!
What a crazy month! My little Scarlett is almost six weeks old already, how did that happen???

Life with a newborn is always interesting, but it gets a little more so with each addition. It is a juggling act keeping up with the very different needs of four human beings at wildly different stages in life. We have the almost teenager who is going through big changes, the content four year old (who would have ever thought that a four year old would be the easiest child?), the enraged two year old, and the new baby.

I have discovered that Scarlett has two main likes, being fed and being held. If I do those two things almost constantly, she is pretty happy. She does supply a large amount of things to clean. She likes to spit up just around the time that one of us is wearing a clean shirt OR I just happened to forget the burp rag. She also prefers to poop in a clean diaper that has only been on her for less than 10 seconds, sometimes she poops before I even get the second tab fastened. She is a beautiful sleeper at night though. She is currently sleeping longer than my boys! She is a great snuggler, too. She has dropped a few smiles in the last few days and been awake more. Her tiny personality will soon emerge.

She lives a rough life!

Other notable occurrences over the last month, the once a week barfest.... I can't explain this oddity. Let me just begin with the fact that I am TERRIFIED of barfing. When someone in my house barfs, I go in to a mental tale spin. I panic.... How many times will they barf? Where will they barf? WHO WILL BARF NEXT??? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH So, on my birthday, Denton walks into my room and vomits lasagna (TMI) on my carpet. Happy birthday Mom!!! We missed the birthday party that night, but he was fine the rest of the day. This was on Sunday, so now I am counting the days for the incubation period. Any time anyone acts even remotely weird I scream, "ARE YOU GOING TO THROW UP!!!????" at them. I chase them around, doing the basketball REJECTED slap every time they have someone else's cup in their hand. BOOM REJECTED!!! Nothing happens. YAY!

Then, on the next Sunday.... Michael walks into the kitchen and throws up on the floor while I am making dinner. AHHHHH!!!! Cue the hyperventilation and pouring apple cider vinegar down everyone's gullets (this is the newest sure fire avoid the stomach bug cure I read about on the last vomit). Now, back to a week of psychotic hand washing, reject slapping, giving hour long lectures any time someone shares ANYTHING with ANYONE!.... nothing happened. 

This time, I actually gave up the panicking a little sooner. We all spent a lovely day at the zoo that Thursday. It was very warm, water cost a fortune, we shared two bottles of water. It was a glorious day!! 

See the smiles!
We came home and had pizza, yummy! Everyone was HUNGRY, especially Reghanne, she ate A LOT (can you see where I am going here?) Everyone was tired and cranky, Reghanne was sent to bed early. Then a couple of hours later, her door slams open and she runs into the bathroom and doesn't shut the door. I look at Clint quizzically and say "What's that about?" then I get my answer.... She has thrown up... pizza.... on the floor... hheeee whoooo hee whoooo (this is the sound of panic) WE SHARED WATER TODAY!!!! I am almost in tears. Anyways, nothing happened. And that is, HOPEFULLY, the end of this strange tale.

We have also had FIVE baby lambs since Scarlett was born. Two of which I watched being born, which was amazing and hard. I felt bad for my mama sheep. We cheered them on! They were champs! 

How cute is this guy??
Scarlett had a couple of notable firsts this month. Her first Ranger's game. We went for Daddy's birthday and we even stole our Bubby and took her along. It was a super fun day!
Rockin' a hair bow!
She also had her first Easter and her first "bluebonnet picture". Easter was so fun, we had all the cousins over. We hunted, played, dyed, and ate!
Flower child.


They tried but it was misty and Lauren wasn't having it!

Worst bluebonnet picture ever!

Reghanne is hard at work trying to make beautiful eggs, while Michael dyed them ALL blue!


Daddy got to spend time with the kiddos!


And here are a few pictures, just because.

I said aloof, not a doof! 
Blue snow cones rock!
I wanna soak up the sun!

Well, I guess that is all for now. :D





No comments:

Post a Comment